Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 5G access networks
- Cloud RANs
- Self-organizing networks
- Ad-hoc networking
- Cognitive radio
- Dynamic spectrum access
- Spectrum offloading
- MmW and cmW bands for future access
- Internet of things
- Web of things
- Wireless sensor networks and practical applications
- Machine-to-machine (M2M) communications
- Device-to-device (D2D) communications
- Smart environments and examples (smart grids, eHealth solutions, assisted multi-modal learning etc.)
- Energy efficiency and green solutions
- Cloud computing
- Software defined networking
- Big data
The evolution of the ubiquitous interconnected digital surroundings offers an increasing wealth of opportunities for novel access and core technologies, novel applications and services and novel communications solutions that shift the paradigm towards user-centric approaches.
FABULOUS 2015 solicit original and previously unpublished papers targeting research challenges, advances and business opportunities towards a world of smart environments enabled by broadband and pervasive communications. We expect original work, not currently under review by another conference or journal, which describes theoretical work validated by simulation or experimental studies. Developed proof-of-concepts and testbeds are of particular interest.
Regular papers should be no more than 7 pages in length. Complete formatting and submission instructions can be found on the conference website.
- Submissions will be reviewed anonymously by at least three expert reviewers.
- Papers will be judged on originality, correctness, clarity and relevance.
- Submission of the paper implies agreement of the author(s) to attend the conference and present the paper if accepted. We reserve the right to exclude papers accepted but not presented from the conference proceedings submitted for archiving and indexing.
The authors of the best papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their work through one of the following EAI endorsed publications:
Accepted papers will be published in the FABULOUS Conference Proceedings and by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes of ICST (LNICST). The proceedings will be available both in book form and via the SpringerLink digital library, which is one of the largest digital libraries online and covers a variety of scientific disciplines.
The proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).